2.0.4 Backtrace on Start-up (99% solved)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 5 10:31:47 EST 2007

"Kevin Kleinfelter" <gnucash-user at kevin.kleinfelter.com> writes:

> I've upgraded swig to swig-1.3.31-0.  (I upgraded it before I read your
> question asking what version it reported, so I'm afraid I can't answer that.
> I did confirm that config.log had no errors about swig.)
>
> I did a "rm -rf on gnucash" and started from a fresh SVN trunk extract.  I'm
> still getting:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/kevin/gnucash/src'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `swig-runtime.h ', needed by `all-am'.
> Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kevin/gnucash/src'
>
> Is swig-runtime.h supposed to be generated by the makefile, or is it missing
> from SVN trunk?

It's supposed to be generated by the makefile when you build from SVN.
What do you get from:

  grep BUILDING_FROM_SVN config.status

I'm asking because in src/Makefile.am we've got:

if BUILDING_FROM_SVN
swig-runtime.h:
        $(SWIG) -guile -external-runtime $@
endif

But you're having such real issues that I don't understand
what's going on.   It's almost as if you're not using a real
Subversion client to check out the trunk code or something!