Spouse accounts

Tad Marko tad at tadland.net
Tue Jan 16 13:50:51 EST 2007

Howdy!

I am going to start tracking my wife's accounts with GnuCash. We
maintain separate finances for ourselves with separate checking,
savings and investment accounts. We then also have a third account to
which we both contribute for shared expenses. Should I run all of
these accounts in one set of GnuCash files, or should I keep them all
separate and just indicate the transfers from one to the other
(usually one of our checking accounts to the shared checking account)
as an expense in the other account groups?

Thanks
Tad