Cash Handling?

Andrew Greig algreig at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 16 16:39:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 11:51 -0800, Paul Schwartz wrote:

> I understand setting it up as an asset...I just tend to not track my
> cash that well. In other words, once it's cash, it's already spent on
> my books. It's just that occasionally I will get a receipt and want to
> track it more specifically.
>
> Tad

Well, the important thing here is to be business-like with your
transactions - even in a non-business environment.  ALWAYS get a receipt
for cash transactions, or write yourself a note. (As much as I try to be
paperless, cash transactions are the thorn in my side).  If you want to
know where, and how fast, your money goes - get a receipt. Then you can
add up all your fuel receipts, for example, and just make a monthly
entry instead of,say, fifteen entries.

(Makes note to self to do what I suggest)

Andrew Greig