cleared transactions and reconcile window (again)

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Tue Jan 16 19:19:19 EST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:02:45 -0500
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> >> EH?  What OS/Distro are you using?
> >
> > Intel X86 Slackware Linux 10.2. (Mr. Volkerding is not a big Gnome fan)
> >
> > I downloaded and installed gconf-editor now.
>
> Oh.  Slackware.  Feh!
>
> Go reinstall a real distribution.

Funny! Very funny!! (don't blame the system for my stupidity. see bellow)

> > I sent a series of email to the list a few weeks ago.
> > It did not stoped working at sudden. Slowly the reconciled transactions
> > were dissapearing from Reconcile window. In one week it was 3 or 4 missing.
> > The next week a lots were missing. At last they were all missing from
> > Recon.
>
> What's the date you choose in the reconcile dialog as the reconcile date?
> And what's the date of the cleared transactions that aren't marked?

I can not believe it. I am a old dog and can't really learn new tricks.

The date was completely wrong. The year was 2005. I corrected it and GC
behaved as expected. Shame om me.

I kept changing the month but forgot to look at the year. (but I can't
explain how does 2005 was feed in there.)

> > You mentioned gdb. I am not an expert on it (used it at some time in the
> > recent past).
> > Would you remotely guide me thru it? (I fill more comfortable in the text
> > interface). (do you think this to be caried in private?)
>
> I'm afraid I really don't have time to walk you through it.  Sorry.
> I've spent way more time on this issue than I have time for already.

Well. I apologize taking so much of your time with such a thing.
Thank you.

> -derek

Ethy