cleared transactions and reconcile window (again)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 16 19:02:45 EST 2007

Quoting "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:39:29 -0500
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Quoting "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>:
>>
>> > I am stucked one step before that: I do not have gconf-editor.
>>
>> EH?  What OS/Distro are you using?
>
> Intel X86 Slackware Linux 10.2. (Mr. Volkerding is not a big Gnome fan)
>
> I downloaded and installed gconf-editor now.

Oh.  Slackware.  Feh!

Go reinstall a real distribution.

>> > Is that what you expected?
>>
>> This means the value is true, which matches the preference.  So
>> I have no clue what's going on, because it's working for me (and
>> apparently everyone else, too).
>
> Oh, Shhh...ugar!!
>
> I was affraid you would say that.

Sorry...

>> So... Ab Initio.
>>
>> What changed when it stopped working?
>
> That is the problem. I changed nothing. At least that I am aware of.

Something must've changed.

> I sent a series of email to the list a few weeks ago.
> It did not stoped working at sudden. Slowly the reconciled transactions
> were dissapearing from Reconcile window. In one week it was 3 or 4 missing.
> The next week a lots were missing. At last they were all missing from
> Recon.

What's the date you choose in the reconcile dialog as the reconcile date?
And what's the date of the cleared transactions that aren't marked?

> You mentioned gdb. I am not an expert on it (used it at some time in the
> recent past).
> Would you remotely guide me thru it? (I fill more comfortable in the text
> interface). (do you think this to be caried in private?)

I'm afraid I really don't have time to walk you through it.  Sorry.
I've spent way more time on this issue than I have time for already.