Entry of split transactions

Alan Su su.alan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:30:30 EST 2007

Hi all,

I installed and started using gnucash (v. 2.0.4) on my OS X machine
via darwinports.  it looks like a pretty reasonable alternative to
quicken.  I have encountered one quirk in creating a split
transaction.  if i do the following:

 - create a transaction and click the Split button to get a split transaction
 - enter the description on the summary line
 - enter a debit value on the first split line; hitting Tab twice
automatically creates a second split line populated with the
appropriate credit value
 - hit Tab a couple times, select an account for the credit, tab to
the amount and reduce it by some amount (in anticipation of a third
split account)

at this point, if i hit Tab, the third line is properly created with
the remaining credit value to be assigned, but my cursor ends up in
the date field of the main transaction line, whereas i would expect
focus to move to the newly created split line.  could it have
something to do with my environment (just running in an unmanaged X
session), or is this the expected behavior?

thanks,

-alan