What's the easiest way to export Gnucash to QuickBooks?

Ken Gordon ksg at telusplanet.net
Thu Jan 18 20:22:58 EST 2007

What I do (using 1.8 still until I get the time figure out how to
install 2.x on OS X) is to export a report (a Transactions report is
really all that's needed, choose all accounts for the whole year),
then open the resulting html file in Word (you could use something
else), convert the table to comma separated values and save as text,
then import the resulting .txt file into Excel using Data>Get
External Data>Text File. You could do the same with any report (P&L
or some customized report). My accountant has always been able to
work with the Excel file. If yours can't, and insists on Quickbooks,
then get him or her to buy you a copy of Quickbooks :) .

-----
Ken Gordon
(780) 628-2758