Invoices/Payments in Foreign Currency

Austin Jackson austin at educatorshandbook.com
Wed Jan 17 15:46:44 EST 2007

Greetings!

I run a small business with GnuCash 2 and need some help processing
invoices and payments in a foreign currency.

Here is my setup:

All accounts are in USD.
I have an accounts receivable setup in CAD (and one in USD).
All invoices in CAD dollars get posted to CAD Accounts Receivable.

Payments are received in CAD funds and exchanged by my bank, but when I
process payment, my account ledger shows zero in the deposit column, the
invoice remains unpaid in the invoice list and the CAD Accounts
Receivable remains unchanged.

What do I do?  How do I process payment in CAD currency?