GnuCash crashes when importing QIF file

Melinda Savoy savoymp at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 09:16:51 EST 2007

Actually I am having the same problem when importing the QIF that is exported from Quicken itself.  When I get to the last step in the GnuCash import wizard the GnuCash application crashes (I am assuming) and disappears.  No error msg it just disappears from my screen.

The only difference is that I am working on the new release of GnuCash 2.0.4

Regards.

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote: I just had the same problem.  It is caused by the QIF exported by KMymoney.
The QIF starts with a list of all the available accounts, then lists the
transactions, but in a rather different format.  In view of this last
observation, I didn't bother with deleting the firast part and trying again.

I don't know when another format will become standard here in Oz.  It still
seems to be QIF everywhere.

Doug.

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:26, Arkadi Gelfond wrote:
> I'm using GnuCash ver.  2.0.1-3   built from r14585 on 2006-09-13,
> running on Debian Etch(testing)
>
> GnuCash crashes now on the last step after 'Enter the currency used
> for new accounts'. It did not happen before, in fact I was able to
> import most of my data using numerous QIF files, but now it crashes
> even if I try to import the same QIF files into empty file.
>
> here is the trace I found in the /tmp:
>

> gnucash: /usr/lib/gnucash/libgnc-backend-postgres.so: cannot open
>
> failed to load gnc-backend-postgres from /usr/lib/gnucash

> looking for /etc/gnucash/config
> trying to load /etc/gnucash/config
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-2.0.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.8.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.6.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-2.0.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.0
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/saved-reports-1.8
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/stylesheets-2.0
> trying to load /home/arkadi/.gnucash/stylesheets-2.0
>
> Thx
> Arkadi

The American Constitution guarantees the pursuit of happiness; it does not
guarantee happiness.
   - Unknown.