GnuCash crashes when importing QIF file

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jan 20 00:08:57 EST 2007

I just had the same problem.  It is caused by the QIF exported by KMymoney.
The QIF starts with a list of all the available accounts, then lists the
transactions, but in a rather different format.  In view of this last
observation, I didn't bother with deleting the firast part and trying again.

I don't know when another format will become standard here in Oz.  It still
seems to be QIF everywhere.

Doug.

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:26, Arkadi Gelfond wrote:
> I'm using GnuCash ver.  2.0.1-3   built from r14585 on 2006-09-13,
> running on Debian Etch(testing)
>
> GnuCash crashes now on the last step after 'Enter the currency used
> for new accounts'. It did not happen before, in fact I was able to
> import most of my data using numerous QIF files, but now it crashes
> even if I try to import the same QIF files into empty file.
>
> here is the trace I found in the /tmp:
>

> gnucash: /usr/lib/gnucash/libgnc-backend-postgres.so: cannot open
>
> failed to load gnc-backend-postgres from /usr/lib/gnucash

> looking for /etc/gnucash/config
> trying to load /etc/gnucash/config
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-2.0.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.8.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.6.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config.user
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-2.0.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/config.auto
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.0
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/saved-reports-1.8
> looking for /home/arkadi/.gnucash/stylesheets-2.0
> trying to load /home/arkadi/.gnucash/stylesheets-2.0
>
> Thx
> Arkadi

The American Constitution guarantees the pursuit of happiness; it does not
guarantee happiness.
   - Unknown.