Mixed-currency transactions broken in Gnucash 2?

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 13:11:33 EST 2007

Tim Jackson wrote:

> This has worked fine for years, but with GnuCash 2, foreign currency
> transactions seem to break in a worrying way which actually undermines
> GnuCash's basic principle (i.e. double-entry accounting).

Interesting followup to this: now I can't quit GnuCash. Every time I try
to quit it just hangs. If I kill it and restart, it loads the file fine
but when I quit it hangs again. Interestingly at the point I try to
quit, the window title changes to show "* <no file>" before it hangs.

Even if I delete the "rogue" transaction and save, I still can't quit.

Tim