Downloading Discover Card Acct. Data

Randy Steel rlsteel at telesurf.com.py
Sun Jan 21 13:59:11 EST 2007

Hi Jon,

I saw your post from June 24, 2005, after I did an web search for how to download Discover card OFX to import into finance programs other than Quicken or MS Money. It was titled, Downloading Discover Card Acct. Data.

Does this still work with Discover?

You mentioned going to http://jongsma.org/gc/ and downloading the ofx.py script.  I've done both of these, but don't know how to get the script to work.

I've added the directory for the Python program to my Windows XP path.

Reading through info on Python, I'm not sure how to use scripts.

I loaded Python 2.5 on my computer.  It has two python files: python.exe and pythonw.exe.  Python.exe gives me a window like a dos prompt window, but the other one just flashes on the screen for a second and then disappears.

Can you give me any help on how to use the ofx.py or ofx.pyc files?

Thanks for any ideas or help you can give.

Sincerely,

Randy Steel
rlsteel at telesurf.com.py