Setting up a Canadian mortgage in GnuCash

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Jan 28 15:35:47 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 17:37 -0800, Barry Ferg wrote:
> Lucky for me someone else had beaten me to it.  In a patch submission
> from two years ago, Ludovic Nicolle had added some code to fin.scm
> that implemented a much more flexible set of payment calculation
[deletia]
> I'd love to see this patch included in a future GnuCash release.  My
> situation is definitely not unique and the functions in fin.scm could
> certainly stand to be extended and improved.

I've committed this to trunk, r15452.   Sorry for the delay.

Note that I didn't do anything over and above applying the patch.
There's obviously some GUI work ... at least a simple checkbox in the
Mortgage/Loan druid which would select which set of functions to use.  A
patch for that would be most welcome. :)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}