auto-save now with confirmation (was: 2.2.0 and auto-save)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jul 7 05:49:47 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007 16:56 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > Given the current difficulty of implementing a
> > autosave-to-alternate-file behavior, I'd suggest the following:
> >
> > #4) (a refinement of #2)  Leave auto-save enabled by default, but change
> > the behavior slightly:
> >   - When autosave triggers prompt the user with:

Implemented in r16256. Anyone with suggestions for improved wording? The
current wording is:

Title: "Save file automatically?"

Text: ("Your data file needs to be saved to your harddisk to save your
changes.  GnuCash has a feature to save the file automatically every %d
minutes, just as if you had pressed the \"Save\" button each time. \n\n"
  "You can change the time interval or turn off this feature under Edit ->
Preferences -> General -> Auto-save time interval. \n\n"
  "Should your file be saved automatically?"),

("_Yes, this time") ("Yes, _always") ("No, n_ever") ("_No, not this time")

The last button is the default one.

Also, I added a checkbox in the preferences for showing this confirmation
dialog again.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Christian