Crash in 2.1.5 for Windows

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jul 9 05:57:41 EDT 2007

I have a scenario that will reliably crash 2.1.5 (Windows). I want to
stack-trace and that I should instead use Bug-Buddy. However, I cannot
find any information on how to do either. Can anyone here help?

FWIW, here's how:

1. Open a Stock account register
2. Enter a transaction to acquire some shares at zero cost
3. Click the toolbar "Reconcile" button.

You get a sort of ghost of the "Reconcile Information" window and a
crash.

I have no idea whether there is a Windows crash dump or trace anywhere;
as I don't know what the file name would be, I can't easily look for it.
However, the "obvious" places (root directory, temp directories) don't
have anything that looks relevant.

Note that the menu item "Actions->Reconcile" usually works correctly (on
the same data), though I have just made it crash.

The crash seems to happen with any zero-cost transaction present, e.g. a
stock-split. However, I have not yet been able to do exhaustive testing
on this (I'm not sure I know what exhaustive testing would consist of).