Error Parsing Data File

David Brock david at tubits.com
Thu Jul 12 21:43:07 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 20:51 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting David Brock <david at tubits.com>:
>
> > Wow.  I'm not familiar with strace, but I loaded it, and ran it with -f
> > (to catch forked procs) I caught 16MB of output.
>
> It's a very useful tool.

Yes, I see, judging by the volume of output!

> > What should I be looking for?  It's a whole whack of reasonable-ness.

> Nah, just look for libgncmod-business-backend-file, in particular an
> 'open' and a non-negative result.   Feel free to pastebin if you want,
> but I dont need to see the whole file.

This looks like it, with a non-zero return on the open() call.

~>grep libgncmod-business-backend-file gnucash-strace
stat("/usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so",
{st_mode=034117, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
open("/usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so",
O_RDONLY) = 5
~>

FYI, that .so file is:

~>file /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so
/usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so: ELF 32-bit
LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
~>

> Also, this is in /usr/local -- do you also have a version in /usr??

This is FreeBSD, it installs it's ports into /usr/local by default, and
I'm toying with a port that's based on the 2.1.5 release, so that's
where it went.  (Toying = building the port to download and build
gnucash from the released code tarball.)  Wait, you're talking about the
location of lib/gnucash/ right?  There is no /usr/lib/gnucash*

;-David