Error Parsing Data File

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 13 13:20:36 EDT 2007

David Brock <david at tubits.com> writes:

> This looks like it, with a non-zero return on the open() call.
>
> ~>grep libgncmod-business-backend-file gnucash-strace
> stat("/usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so",
> {st_mode=034117, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
> open("/usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so",
> O_RDONLY) = 5
> ~>

Well, I said "non-negative", not "non-zero", but that's okay.  This
shows that yes, it's actually loading this file.   What do you get
from:

  ldd /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-business-backend-file.so

>> Also, this is in /usr/local -- do you also have a version in /usr??
>>
> This is FreeBSD, it installs it's ports into /usr/local by default, and
> I'm toying with a port that's based on the 2.1.5 release, so that's
> where it went.  (Toying = building the port to download and build
> gnucash from the released code tarball.)  Wait, you're talking about the
> location of lib/gnucash/ right?  There is no /usr/lib/gnucash*

Ah, okay.  Just making sure that this wasn't a dual-installation,
what with gnucash-2.0 and gnucash-2.1 trying to co-exist.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss for why it's failing.  I suggest running
gnucash under gdb and trying to trace the file opening/reading to see
why it's failing for you but nobody else.