How to Recover Lost Account

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Sat Jul 14 22:04:29 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 06:47:33PM -0700, lakelover wrote:

> I searched but didn't find an answer but this can't be a new problem.

Oh, I don't know, it's new to me - never heard of such a thing.

> Anyway,
> I was posting to my checkbook, when all of a sudden an account tree
> appeared.

Appeared where?  What version are you using?  Perhaps you accidentally
created a new account?

> I exited then logged back on and now my checkbook account has
> disappeared. I don't know what I did or what happened but I sure hope I can
> get my checkbook back intact. How do I do it?

Oh! Maybe I know what happened.  If you detached your main Account
Tree tab from the rest of the window, say perhaps by clicking Windows
-> New Window with Page, then closed it, and restarted, it wouldn't
re-open.  That's probably a bug that it's even possible to do that.

If this is what has happened to you, you can re-open your Account Tree
tab by clicking File -> New -> New Accounts Page.

-chris

p.s. You might consider it another bug that "New Accounts Page" is not
obviously different than "New Accounts Hierarchy",