How to Recover Lost Account

lakelover jerry.coover at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 22:50:55 EDT 2007

I tried clicking File -> New -> New Accounts Page but the action didn't pull
up the Checkbook account.
There's a gnucash-2.0.4 folder on my desktop that contains a checkbook
account file that was accessed, today, at the time I was posting. So, that
tells me that the account is still in the system. There must be a recovery
method of some kind. I suppose I could create a new checkbook account and
re-post my checkbook entries but that's a job. Somehow, I can't believe I
could delete such a file (if I did) so easily. I'm certain I did not hit a
delete key as I was posting. It happened so fast I don't know exactly what I
was doing though I think I was editing an expense account name at the time.
If it's a bug what's my action, if any?
Jerry