documentation for 2.04 disappeared., and Beginning Balance.

Bob W. Anderson bobdove at isp.com
Sun Jul 15 21:59:43 EDT 2007

After losing my entire earlier version of GnuCash and my financial data
, I recently installed the new versioin (2.04) that came with my SuSE 10.3.

I pushed aside the offer to view the documentation when the install
invited me to do so.  Whe I sought it later, neither the help file nor
the "Contents" were available from Help.

I even tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, but the documentation is
still missing.  I have been reading it online, but that is awkward to
use several times during the day.

Have others run into this phenomenon, and if so, how can it be resolved?

Item 2, Beginning Balance.

I've been laboriously entering checkbook data into the register (I'm
using Income and Expense accounts only), but while the Beginning Balance
I entered in register just fine, Reconciliatioin does not see it and I
am unable to run Reconciliation without it.   Is there a workaround?

Bob in Newport