[gnucash] Which Report?

Mon Jul 16 22:29:57 EDT 2007

On 16 July 2007 at 20:19, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> >> The Income Statement report.
> > Perfect.  Thanks!  I wouldn't have thought that "Income Statement"
> > would include my expenses, so I didn't try that.
>
> Back in 1.8 it was named the "Profit and Loss Report".  It was
> renamed the Income Statement..  But we've had so many questions
> about it that I wonder if renaming it was a bad idea?  Should
> we rename it back to Profit and Loss?  *ponders*

As a new user, the first thing I looked at was "Income &
Expense Chart".  But, I was after a report and not a chart.  If
the "Income Statement" was named "Income & Expense Report",
then I would have found it right away.  I also looked at the
documentation, which might be another place to improve a new
user's experience.  Oh, what's in a name?

Thanks all...