[gnucash] Which Report?

Tue Jul 17 02:52:20 EDT 2007

On 17 July 2007 at 8:11, Vahur Lokk <vahur.lokk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both ["Profit and Loss Report" and "Income Statement"] are
> perfectly valid names for what it does. In fact I like Income
> Statement better, because its not so long and ugly. Then again,
> for my own purposes I translated the report already to ET so
> who am I? :) For people from certain EN-speaking-countries and
> those who do not have a clue P&L might be more descriptive.

I suspect that the names are only really useful for the first few
times one searches for a report.

> PS. I do hate this maillist requiring always Reply All. Its the only one
> I have ever met (more than 10 years experience) that requires this, so
> in effect I have to double-reply every time. And believe me, now that
> you have Windows version, this is gonna be ever bigger issue.

I respectfully agree.  I've been on a number of different
mailing lists over time, going back to 1989 when I was on the
Sun-Managers list, where the main requirement was to post the
solution to a problem after querying the list.  That really added
value to the list archives!  I'm new to this list, and I guess
I've been breaking the rule by only replying to the list.  On
other lists, when it looks as if someone might not be a permanent
member, then I'll blind-carbon-copy them as a courtesy.

I don't know if it's the reply-all rule or not, but gnucash-users
is one of only 3 lists I've ever been on that ended up somehow
being harvested by spammers.  I frequently use unique email
addresses for mailing lists, and the address being spammed was
only given to the gnucash-users subscription robot.  Even after
I quit the list, way back when, I continued to get spam at that
address, so much so that I eventually just disabled the address.
The lesson here is that if email addresses appear in the list
archives, then they will eventually be harvested by spammers.
I'd hope that only the list address would appear in the archives.
Well, those are my thoughts.

Regardless of how the list is administered, I got some help
today quickly that exactly solved my problem, and I'm very
grateful to have this list, and for the people who helped.
Thanks all!