[gnucash] Which Report?

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 17 13:27:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:11:42AM +0300, Vahur Lokk wrote:

> PS. I do hate this maillist requiring always Reply All. Its the only one
> I have ever met (more than 10 years experience) that requires this, so
> in effect I have to double-reply every time. And believe me, now that
> you have Windows version, this is gonna be ever bigger issue.

the list doesn't require Reply-All. If you read the footer on every
message, it says "Reply-To-List _or_ Reply-All" and it works perfectly
fine with reply-to-list. The devs added that footer because there were
a _lot_ of people some time ago who didn't reply to the list and the
result was lots of personal mail to the devs and lots of lost threads
on the list. You still will see lots of devs writing "please reply to
the list" at the beginning of mails with broken threading becaus
someone sent the mail to them personally...

i think the idea was that its better to get double replies from
clueless n00bs than to lose information in the list archives, but
that's just my guess.