[gnucash] Which Report?

Vahur Lokk vahur.lokk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:58:27 EDT 2007

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> the list doesn't require Reply-All.
For a user of such defective (as one wise man said before) mail program
like Thunderbird, it does.
> The devs added that footer because there were
> a _lot_ of people some time ago who didn't reply to the list and the
> result was lots of personal mail to the devs and lots of lost threads
> on the list.
Yes. And I explain you why. I get triple digit amount of mail per day,
including from 4 or five maillists, one of which I admin. Its been that
way for about 10 years. I answer double digit number of mails per day,
including those that go to maillists. Its been that way for about 10
years, too. I answer, pushing button "Reply". And the answer goes
invariably to maillist, where its meant to go. Its been that way for
every list I ever participated in. Except for gnucash lists. Which ask
that I do not push "Reply" but another button I usually touch few times
a year. I guess most of those _lots_ of people had/have exactly the same
problem - habit.
And, as i said, with Windows version out, you are going to get MANY more
people with that habit in this list.
And, now that footers consist mostly from ads, nobody reads them
anymore. So it simply does not matter what is written there, only few
notice anyway.
And, finally, I fail to see any positive side in this kind of setup.
Changing this would have taken less time than adding the footer.

Wahur, yet another clueless n00b