Font issue

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:38:35 EDT 2007

I'm running gnucash 2.0.5 on pure-64-bit gentoo system on a Thinkpad
T60 with 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo processors.

I like systems lean and mean (hence Gentoo, rather than, say, Ubuntu),
even to the point where I'm no longer running Gnome. Believe it or
not, I'm using TWM, maybe the only person in the world doing so now,
besides Tom himself. It works well for me, because it's so easy to
customize, and I've got it set up so it's just right for the way I
work. And it's really crisp and fast. Gnucash works fine in this
environment, with one issue: account registers are displayed in a
too-large, too-bold font that is really annoying. I can't find any way
to reduce the font size and turn off the bold-ness. Run the same
gnucash on the same system running Gnome, and the font is just fine. I
realize we're talking about two different window managers in the Gnome
and TWM environments, but my understanding (perhaps flawed) of what
window managers do tells they have no responsibility for what the
interior of a window looks like, so I'm surprised that gnucash looks
so different in the two environments on the same system.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks --
/Don