[gnucash] Which Report?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 17 16:10:57 EDT 2007

Quoting Vahur Lokk <vahur.lokk at gmail.com>:

> Yes. And I explain you why. I get triple digit amount of mail per day,
> including from 4 or five maillists, one of which I admin. Its been that
> way for about 10 years. I answer double digit number of mails per day,
> including those that go to maillists. Its been that way for about 10

Wow, you don't get a lot of mail, do you?  How much of that is spam?
(For the record, I get anywhere from 200-500 emails a day, AFTER spam),
and I've been doing this for 18 years.  I understand where you're coming
from, but frankly I never trust my mailer to know where I want to send
a reply.  I've had Reply-To bite me more often than help me.

> And, as i said, with Windows version out, you are going to get MANY more
> people with that habit in this list.
> And, now that footers consist mostly from ads, nobody reads them
> anymore. So it simply does not matter what is written there, only few
> notice anyway.

Well, I put a header in for a while but LOTS of people complained.  I'll
note that it DID solve the problem, even if it was annoying.  I'm happy
to return to the header instead if people still complain about the current
reply-to state of this list.

> And, finally, I fail to see any positive side in this kind of setup.
> Changing this would have taken less time than adding the footer.

Lists that munge the reply-to (or set the reply-to to themselves) are
just WRONG and BROKEN.   Period.  See:

Anyways, this discussion happens every year or so, and the answer remains
the same:  we're not going to change the list behavior because some users
don't know how to reply-to-all or use broken mailers that dont support
reply-to-list.