data file differences in 2.2

Hale Boyes, Kevin Kevin.HaleBoyes at encana.com
Fri Jul 20 15:14:32 EDT 2007

I've started to use 2.2 (on Fedora 7) and have noticed a change to
the saved data file that I didn't expect.  I simply open my 2.0 data
file
with 2.2, save and exit.

Three of my commodity elements in the data file change.  Here is
the element from the 2.0 data file:

<gnc:commodity version="2.0.0">
  <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
  <cmdty:id>CAD</cmdty:id>
  <cmdty:name>Canadian Dollar</cmdty:name>
  <cmdty:xcode>124</cmdty:xcode>
  <cmdty:fraction>100</cmdty:fraction>
  <cmdty:get_quotes/>
  <cmdty:quote_source>currency</cmdty:quote_source>
  <cmdty:quote_tz/>
</gnc:commodity>

The 2.2 data file is missing the <cmdty:name>, <cmdty:xcode>, and
<cmdty:fraction> elements.

Why did that happen?  Is it correct?

I also noticed that all my "top" level accounts (like Assets)
get re-parented by a new "Root Account".  Why was that done?

I'm not using scheduled transaction so can I use this 2.2-saved data
file
in version 2.0?

K.

Sorry for the awful signature at the end of my email.
I have no choice when I post from work.

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.
http://www.encana.com