data file differences in 2.2

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 20 17:38:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

These questions deserve to be on gnucash-devel, not gnucash-user,
because they are all development level questions.  "Users" are
not expected to look into the data file...

"Hale Boyes, Kevin " <Kevin.HaleBoyes at encana.com> writes:

> I've started to use 2.2 (on Fedora 7) and have noticed a change to
> the saved data file that I didn't expect.  I simply open my 2.0 data
> file
> with 2.2, save and exit.
>
> Three of my commodity elements in the data file change.  Here is
> the element from the 2.0 data file:
>
> <gnc:commodity version="2.0.0">
>   <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
>   <cmdty:id>CAD</cmdty:id>
>   <cmdty:name>Canadian Dollar</cmdty:name>
>   <cmdty:xcode>124</cmdty:xcode>
>   <cmdty:fraction>100</cmdty:fraction>
>   <cmdty:get_quotes/>
>   <cmdty:quote_source>currency</cmdty:quote_source>
>   <cmdty:quote_tz/>
> </gnc:commodity>
>
> The 2.2 data file is missing the <cmdty:name>, <cmdty:xcode>, and
> <cmdty:fraction> elements.

Yes, because those are encoded in the application so they don't need
to be stored.

> Why did that happen?  Is it correct?

Yes.  See above.

> I also noticed that all my "top" level accounts (like Assets)
> get re-parented by a new "Root Account".  Why was that done?

Because we got rid of an internal AccountGroup structure.

> I'm not using scheduled transaction so can I use this 2.2-saved data
> file
> in version 2.0?

Yes.