Aha!

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Jul 21 11:16:07 EDT 2007

"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:
> I think that Mike raises a very valid point--if you're going to sort a display,
> you really *should* display the field on which the display is sorted.
> Otherwise, a user is left in the dark.

Some poking about reveals that we don't in fact sort via "name, then account
code" with the current account model and GtkTreeView.

The tree view headers are clickable in the standard [A->Z, Z->A, «unsorted»]
sequence, but only for the separate columns as they exist in the model.

I'm not sure of a good way to display a "composite" sort like "name, then
account code".  I guess doing the sorts in order (sort by Account Name, then
sort by Account Code) might get the desired effect.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}