Next questions (report on trying a "tempfix")

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jul 25 14:29:32 EDT 2007

Mike wrote: (UH -- Penny is at most an "end user")

>b) BUT -- there is also a directory  (which is NOT in c:\Documents and
>Settings\Mike & Penny)
>    c:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\.gconf\

Just to see what would happen, I logged in with rights and copied that
directory from the administrator's data area to the user data area and
then while logged in as the ordinary user, tried GnuCash. Will still not
allow me to save any preference changes.

So then I opened the file (supposedly) controlling the "tips of the day"
thing and hand edited the boolean to "false". Had no effect.

My next step might be to see what happens if I log in as administrator
and see what happens if I open GnuCash there and try to save preference
changes.  I am still awaiting word if anybody else on this list has
tried using the new 2.2.0 release under Windows XP (or am I the first
guinea pig).

Michael