Trial balance report out of balance

Tom Roeschen tomroeschen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 11:29:17 EDT 2007

> I am using GnuCash version 2.0.5 on SUSE 10.2.  My trial balance for the
> month of January is in balance. When I print it for the month of February
> it
> is out of balance.  What steps should I take to find out why this is
> happening?

Binary-search the month of Feb to find the day when it goes out of
balance and then look for transactions on that day (+/- 1 day).  most
likely it's a change-of-commodity (e.g. a sale of stock) without the
corresponding gain/loss.

-derek

I found out the discrepancy and it is related to a stock transaction.
I purchased 300 shares at 16.75 so the cost on the account is $5025.00.
The trial balance shows a value of $5246.24.  The difference of 221.24 is
what the trial balance is off by.  The commodity price source is set to
weighted
average on the trial balance report options.  I've attached a file so you
can see
how I've entered the transactions.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11812923/VSE.doc VSE.doc