Enter scheduled transactions early

Volker Englisch volker at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 27 12:03:41 EDT 2007

Alan Hartless wrote:
>> I don't understand. Just enter them early. What do you think prevents you from
>> doing thjis in gnucash?
>>
>> Also, please say which version of gnucash you're using.

> I'm using 2.2.  In MS Money you could right click on a scheduled
> transaction and click enter now or something like that so that you
> wouldn't have to mess with the schedule.  It takes the next scheduled
> transaction, enters it now then schedules the next one based upon the
> scheduled dates in the template

I'm using GC for over three years now but I agree, this is the one
feature that I am missing from my 'MS Money' times.
I am using a lot of scheduled transactions and what I am doing to get
around this issue is to set the reminder for most of my transactions a
week or two early.  Once you do that you're able to create the
transaction as soon as the reminder sets in but it clutters up your list
of upcoming scheduled transactions.

--
Volker Englisch
mailto:volker at englisch.us