Again on Finance-Quote on Windows

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 05:01:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm currently testing Gnucash 2.1.3 for Windows (2000) and Active Perl
5.8.8(build 820).

As in the previous 2.1.2 and 2.1.1 gnucash releases, I am not able to
retrieve currancy exchange rates. The "Install Finance-Quote" batch works
fine, and confirms the successful installation of Finance-Quote, but within
gnucash I get an "unknown error".
I tried to uninstall and install again both gnucash and Active Perl, but got
the same result.

I know this issue has been addressed before, but I couldn't find any clue
how to go on. I might have some perl environment variables clashing with
each other, (I used to compile gnucash with MinGW), but I don't know how to
check that.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Davide