gnucash 2.1.3 on Slackware/Dropline

andy thomas andy at netstat-a.net
Mon Jun 11 12:42:06 EDT 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

<snip>

> Sure, but a server environment is not a desktop environment.
> GnuCash is a desktop application, not a server application.
> Ergo, users shouldn't run Slackware on a desktop and shouldn't
> run GnuCash on Slackware.  QED.

Well that's a faulty reasoning - just about every other desktop
application runs fine on Slackware and I would venture to suggest that
appllications like gnuscash be written so that they are not dependent on
a particular desktop environment (gnome) being installed. No everyone uses
desktop environments like KDE and gnome and some users prefer window
managers instead.

Andy