Problem importing QIFs

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Tue Jun 19 02:11:17 EDT 2007

I have recently upgraded my computer and my Windows OS is up from Win98 to XP,
on a NTFS filesystem.

I still keep my Quicken 2005 as "reference" but I run mostly Mandriva Spring
and Gnucash.  To keep the two in sync, I export QIF files from Quicken and
import them into Gnucash.  The export is saved to my old Quicken directory on
a vfat disk.  Often, a transaction already in Gnucash won't match properly
and will be duplicated (usually because Quicken has changed the payer/payee
to its own standard abbreviation.)

Since the upgrade I have noticed that transactions imported this way cannot be
deleted (QIFs downloaded from the bank are O.K.)  I have tried changing the
end-of-line from Windows to Linux, but that makes no difference.  The file is
not noticeably different.  The only solution at the moment is to edit the
import, then delete the native Gnucash one.

QIF is still the only format available online from banks in Oz.

Doug.
--
Every great and commanding moment in the annals of the world is the triumph of
some enthusiasm.