Privately Held Stocks

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 13:23:35 EDT 2007

This is not a big deal, but I thought I'd ask it since there's been a bit on
stocks recently.

I own stock in a privately-held company, and wondered whether there was a way
to indicate on the edit security page something *other* than the established
exchanges (in my 2.0.5 install on OS X, this list contains AMEX EUREX FUND
NASDAQ and NYSE). Certainly, one can simply arbitrarily put it in one of these
exchanges and then set the stock so Finance::Quote doesn't seek quotes (which
is what I have done to date), but since it's privately held, it doesn't belong
to any of these exchanges.

Is there a way for users to edit the Type list for stocks?

Thanks,
David