Privately Held Stocks

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Jun 26 00:54:27 EDT 2007

David T. wrote:
> This is not a big deal, but I thought I'd ask it since there's been a bit on
> stocks recently.
>
> I own stock in a privately-held company, and wondered whether there was a way
> to indicate on the edit security page something *other* than the established
> exchanges (in my 2.0.5 install on OS X, this list contains AMEX EUREX FUND
> NASDAQ and NYSE). Certainly, one can simply arbitrarily put it in one of these
> exchanges and then set the stock so Finance::Quote doesn't seek quotes (which
> is what I have done to date), but since it's privately held, it doesn't belong
> to any of these exchanges.
>
> Is there a way for users to edit the Type list for stocks?

Somehow in my list I have a category for Over The Counter stocks.  That
was set up under V1.8x, and I cannot figure out a way to edit it or add
another category, but for the moment that is neither here nor there.
Your private stock would probably fit in the OTC "exchange".

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417