Miscategorized Credit Card Fees

Daniel daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Jun 25 16:59:52 EDT 2007

Hello Steve,

You are right that all your medical expenses should appear under
expenses whether you paid by credit card or some other method.

Where is your credit card account in GnuCash? It should be under
Liabilities. Did you put it under expenses?

You should have an account for your credit card under liabilities.
Something like "Liabilities:Credit Card". This account should show the
balance on your credit card. Every time you pay for a medical expense
with a credit card you should enter a transaction that involves the
credit card account and your "Expenses:Medical" account. Is this what
you've been doing?

Daniel.