Business Bills and Invoices

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 27 06:14:21 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 10:36, Jonathan Knight wrote:

> 2. Selecting suppliers and customers is awkward because you have to go
> to the select window and use the mouse a lot. Can the supplier and
> customer/job entries be entry boxes so that you could start typing in
> the name and then select the correct entry ?

Hi Jonathan,

Can't help you with the other points, but a shortcut here is to use the
"ageing reports".

I'll explain for vendors, customers is the same, but starts with the
"Receivables Aging" report (obviously...?)

Run the Payables Ageing report (Reports -> Business -> Payables Ageing)

Click on the figure in the Total column for the vendor you have a new bill
for, to open the detailed report for that vendor.

Open any of the bills present in the detailed report. If there are no bills,
then sadly you will have to use the dialogue boxes method. :-(

Do File -> New Invoice, and the vendor will be selected for you.  Note, the
"payment terms" isn't filled in for you, but to me, this seems like much less
clicking & typing than the whole "select vendor" approach.

HTH,
Maf.