Business Bills and Invoices

Jonathan Knight jonathan at jrlknight.com
Wed Jun 27 05:36:02 EDT 2007

	I am using Gnucash for a small business. I have set up seperate
accounts for each supplier and for each customer as I want to keep track
of how much business we do with them. However, using the Bills and
Invoices functionality is very awkward and slow because

1. I enter the date of the bill/invoice 3 times: once at the start, once
in the transaction window, and again on the post. Is it possible to have
the date default to the date of the invoice to reduce typing ?

2. Selecting suppliers and customers is awkward because you have to go
to the select window and use the mouse a lot. Can the supplier and
customer/job entries be entry boxes so that you could start typing in
the name and then select the correct entry ?

3. Unlike the normal transaction entry the expense/income accounts do
not get filled in automatically, is it possible for the program to
remember which account which customer/supplier is posted against ?

4. When I add a chargeback customer to a bill, can the entry box that
selects whether it gets copied to an invoice be automatically set ?

5. It is hard to read the labels on the transaction window, can the
spacing of the window be changed, or the labels word wrapped if they do
not fit ?

I understand that these may seem like small things, but it would help a
lot if the bills and invoices can be entered more efficiently. Currently
it is quicker for me to tracks bills and invoices on a spreadsheet and
enter the transactions by hand.

Thanks for the effort put into Gnucash