Gnucash not printing on 6.2

rloefgren at forethought.net rloefgren at forethought.net
Sun Mar 4 22:28:47 EST 2007

All,

I have been using Gnucash for a number of years on FreeBSD. Recently, when
preparing information for my accountant I learned that my install of
gnucash would not print. I rarely print anything from GC; only at tax time.

All my other apps print fine, and I can pipe an ls -l to the printer as
well. I've tried all manners of changes in the print dialog box to no
avail. Finally, I did a 'portupgrade -a', but that also had no effect. I
have no idea when this issue came into being; I've been happily upgrading
since the 1.x series. I picked up a 2.0 port of the net and since then
I've been massaging the Makefile and distinfo file to agree with the
particulars of whatever version I'm going to.

2.0.5 made it's appearance in the ports recently and I re-built it but it
still doesn't print. I've also tried falling back as far as 2.0.1 to see
if that would help. Tailing /var/log/messages and /var/log/lpd-errs shows
nothing.

This is GC-2.0.5 from ports, FBSD-6.2-P1 on an Athlon XP 2600+ 1GB RAM.

Thanks for any pointers,