Python report-writing mechanism?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 6 19:08:03 EST 2007

Quoting "Michael B. Trausch" <fd0man at gmail.com>:

> Is there any reason that Scheme is used?  It would seem (and I could be
> wrong) that LISP in general is moribund... or is it used
> behind-the-scenes more often than is generally known?

Historical reasons.  First, "guile" is the "official" GNU Scripting Language.
Second, the previous group of developers liked scheme and knew it well.
In fact, some of the old GnuCash developers were also (and some still
are) guile developers.   Also, yes, scheme is used behind the scenes,
but we're slowly extracting that.

Right now the biggest users of scheme in gnucash are:

  1) Reports
  2) QIF Import
  3) Check Printing