list suggestion

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Mar 9 15:28:34 EST 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 18:27, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Read the archives.
>

> No.
>
> -derek
>
> Quoting "Philippe A." <futhark77 at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Every once in a while when using this mailing list (and others), I manage
> > to reply to one user instead of replying to the list. I find that
> > annoying. I have noticed that some lists do not allow replying directly
> > to a user: both "reply" and "reply all" force a reply to the list alias.
> > The fedora users list works like that. I this list would benefit from
> > that features.
> >
> > Regards,

In longhand, this has been asked before.
a number of mail clients can be configured to reply to mailing list
automatically, but I see that you are using gmail and it may not have such a
feature.
Yes, if I administer a mailing list I set 'reply to List' but Derek =God here.

--
 In respect to lock-making, there can scarcely be such a thing as dishonesty
 of intention: the inventor produces a lock which he honestly thinks will