International Transfers

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Mar 15 05:31:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I do banking in two different countries and I have a slight problem: If
I write a cheque in GBP from my UK bank and deposit it in my Canadian
bank, the balance of my Canadian account is updated immediately, but my
UK account doesn't hear about it until 3 weeks later.

In other words, the dates on the balance statements won't match. And
since I continue to make transactions on-line on both accounts, my
GnuCash statements cannot match both banks.

I think I have a solution: Create a magic account "Equity:Transfers".
When I deposit in Canada I credit Equity:Transfers, and when my UK
account is credited, I debit Equity:Transfers. So I have two
transactions.

Is this the correct solution?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,