loan prepayment

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Mar 15 09:04:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 23:28 -0700, Dawning Sky wrote:
> >From googling, I learnt that there was some discussion back in 2002 on
> using the current balance in the principal account to calculate the
> interest.  But I couldn't find any docs on how to use this.  I'm
> wondering whether this functionality was ever implemented, and how I
> should approach to this problem?

It is not implemented.  Without such support, your hands are tied in
terms of doing things automatically.  I might suggest creating the
appropriate scheduled transactions with placeholder variables for the
principal and interest fractions of a payment, and entering their values
manually (in the since-last-run dialog) when the paystub comes through.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}