Corrupted file?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Mar 20 06:48:21 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-20-03 at 06:37 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> "Very First" in what context?   The balance isn't computed on the screen
> in your view, it's computed in the account, so when you change the view
> order in the register the balance doesn't follow; the balance is part of
> the "native" order.

What is a "view"? I'm talking about what I see when I double click on
the account. Where the transactions are listed in chronological order.

Let me see if I understand. Say I start with:

                   Increase   Balance
Transaction A      10         10
Transaction B      15         25

Then if I change the dates (say I made a mistake) so that Transaction B
goes first. What should the result look like? I would say:

                   Increase   Balance
Transaction B      15         15
Transaction A      10         25

Is this not what GnuCash does?

> This result means you have a Decrease of 1321 "prior" to the opening balance.

Not according to the current dates of the transactions (unless GnuCash
is not showing them chronologically, but it should, that's what it
always does and I haven't told it to do otherwise). I'll go home during
my lunch hour and check the dates, but I'm pretty sure that they are
chronological.

Best,
Daniel.
-- English is essentially a West Germanic language that's trying very
hard to look like a Romance one.