Corrupted file?

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Tue Mar 20 08:06:21 EDT 2007

> > It's unlikely your data file is corrupt.  Possible, but unlikely.
>
> That's comforting. I really care about my data staying safe. One thing I
> like about GnuCash is that it keeps logs and backups.

If you think your data file is corrupt, then you can always try to open
an older .xac backup file, and see if it is different there. Depending
on your settings they are kept for like two weeks; you can basically
(correct me if I'm wrong there) step back along all the moments you
saved your data to file, and see where it changed.

In case you find it is corrupt, you could use the latest correct file,
and start again from there. Maybe the replay-log function works (I heard
it is or was broken; haven't tried myself) and you can use that to
re-enter your transactions.

Wouter.