install of 2.0.5

Richard Kleeman kleeman at cims.nyu.edu
Tue Mar 27 17:28:04 EDT 2007

You may wish to recompile using the Debianized source:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/gnome/gnucash

Download the dsc, orig.tar.gz and diff file at the bottom

Unpack using dpkg-source -x *.dsc (* being the name of the file)

go into the created gnucash subdirectory and issue:

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

this then creates debs in the original directory which you can install using

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

With this method you keep your system squeaky clean.