How to automate data importing on Mac

Vladimir Weinstein weivsara at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:25:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm guessing people have already figured this one out -
I have accounts at 3 financial institutions that I import to GC on a
regular basis (1 to 2 times a week). One of those institutions holds
3 accounts. So my routine on a Mac is to visit every site, download
OFX data, and then from GC do file->import->OFX 4 to 6 times.
Afterwards I delete downloaded files.

This work is not too bad. However, on Windows + MS Money I was able
to define MS Money as a handler for OFX files and it would
automatically open and import my stuff. I never used 'Online banking'
features of MS Money because banks tend to like to charge for that.

Is there a reasonable way to shorten and/or simplify this procedure?

Thanks!

Regards,
v.