Upgrading in Ubuntu

linuxforrealpeople martin-porter at beeb.net
Mon May 7 19:07:20 EDT 2007

I have  a two part question.

Firstly, I have downloaded version 2.0.1 from the Ubuntu repository and have
been evaluating it against Quicken which I am hoping to replace. Should I
work with 2.0.5 as this is the latest stable release?

If the answer is yes, can you advise how I go about installing the upgrade.
I have not yet learnt how to install from a tar file - to date the most
complicated command I have run is a sudo get apt install.

Many Thanks.